30 de set. de 2010

We can't have everything

I admire people who can have an ordinary life, surrounded by rules and good behavior. I admire people who do not bring unrest in his soul. I admire those who do not challenge, does not transpose their limits and not try to be more than they are. Maybe life is not try to be more or better than we are, maybe life is accepting of our limitations and be lots more humble. We cannot have all. We are not infallible, invincible. I admire those who simply accept this. I admire those who recognize their weaknesses and accept them without being compelled to overcome them. I admire people. All of them. In his acceptance and concerns in their defeats and defections. I wanted to be like them. Did not want to feel the need to overcome obstacles and be more than I am. I admire people who find peace in the routine, people who don't need to create challenges.
But I don’t believe this is for everyone. Some people, like me, feel the need to be more, better, are bound to certain behaviors and attitudes that are not always understandable. It is easier to accept the rules established. Accept what is done than to create their own rules, establish its own principles. There is a cost, a price to be paid for it, I don’t realize the full benefit yet. But principles are principles, not choices. They are what they are, and we recognize our own principles is only one path to follow. So I close my eyes, breathe deep, I try to fill me with courage and confidence in myself and in my ability, and give a step forward. What comes next, we'll see.

Nenhum comentário: